“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ~ Mother Teresa.
When it comes to doing good in the world, I think we’d all agree… we could use a little more. That’s why we were excited to see one of our favorite health food and beverage companies – Odwalla – is running a Goodness Campaign. And our readers – who are pretty much always up to something good – get the chance to benefit!
We want to see and hear about the good things you’re doing. Whether it’s environmental activism, volunteering, giving to charity, or even committing to a healthier lifestyle… the good you do inspires others.
You can also nominate a friend or family member, so long as you don’t mind fighting over who gets the prize…
Head to Green Gifts Guide’s Facebook Page and post a picture or leave a comment telling us about your good deeds. This contest runs until Monday, August 27th.
One lucky winner will receive this yummy gift package, containing:
- Five Odwalla Nourishing Food Bars
- Five Free 12 oz. Odwalla Beverage Coupons
- Odwalla Recycled Eco-Journal
- Odwalla Eco-Friendly Pen Cup
- Odwalla Non-Woven Insulated Lunch Bag
Even more good news? Odwalla is walking their green talk. Check out just some of the ways they give back…
- In 2011, Odwalla ditched petroleum-based plastic by introducing the 12 oz. PlantBottle package, made from up to 100% HDPE. It’s completely recyclable and derived from sugar cane.
- 143 million pounds of citrus enter the Odwalla Dinuba, CA headquarters every year. 0% goes into a landfill.
- Odwalla installed five natural gas fuel cells at its juice packaging plant. This energy saving technology will reduce the carbon footprint of the plant by an estimated 35% while supplying 30% of the plant’s energy needs.
- Just recently, they raised their five-year donation total in the Plant a Tree program to $550,000.
- To help Haiti recover from its devastating 2010 earthquake, we donate 10 cents from every 12 oz. Mango Tango smoothie to the Haiti Hope Project.